The richness of food, sweet delicious aroma’s flowing in the air, just makes me so energized that I then feel like cooking. It gives me pleasure and happiness and like to experiment some different stuff.
I made these shortbread Biscuits today which taste delicious and I am sure everyone would enjoy them too.
I am sharing the recipe below:
- 2 cups plain flour
- 3/4-1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 cup oil or ghee
- 1 egg yolk (for later)
- Makes about 2 dozen.
- Sift the flour well with caster sugar and baking powder.
- Add in cardamom powder for flavour and mix well.
- Make a well and add oil or ghee and rub the mixture together to make a smooth dough.
*( you might need to add less or more oil/ghee in order to make the dough smooth as it shouldn’t be very dry or too oily. So its better not to add the whole cup at once, add little by little, until you feel that your hands are slightly oily, not sticky)
- Once the dough is ready, take some material in your hands any size or shape you like, medium would be better. I make them round and medium sized.
- Now place them on the greased baking tray.
- Once you have placed all the biscuits on the tray, now using your middles finger or a brush, take the egg yolk and brush the top of the biscuit. You can brush the whole top or just put a drop in the middle.
- Bake at 180 degrees in a preheated oven for 15mins, till the yolk is light golden.
- Do not make them brown, they give a burned look.
- Enjoy the shortbread biscuits with tea or coffee.
Please leave comments and suggestions!